The mission of Northwest Lutheran School is to provide a safe Christian school focused on educational success, leadership development and spiritual growth.
On December 5, 1956 the Northwest Lutheran School Association was formed by Beautiful Savior Lutheran Church, Emmaus Lutheran Church and Covenant Lutheran Church. Northwest Lutheran School opened its doors to its first group of students on September 16, 1957. In 1964 Berea Lutheran Church joined the Association. Additional classrooms and a gymnasium were added to the school in the fall of 1978.
The Association for Northwest Lutheran School was established to provide the children of our Association congregations, including Covenant and Berea, and the community, a Christ-centered education. That desire is still the focus of our ministry today as is evident in our Mission Statement. “Our mission is nurturing and equipping all children in a strong Christian and academic environment to become life long learners, growing in faith, capable of making responsible decisions, and servicing God and the community.”
In 2006, LUMIN was contracted to operate the school and manage its growth. LUMIN lead a major building project in 2011 to add 7,000 square feet of new classrooms, office space and upgraded technology and security, making Northwest Lutheran’s bright, safe and clean school building one of the best in urban Milwaukee.